Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Craft Mania

Every Sunday we get together as a family and have dinner.  Good "ole fashion" dinner at Grandma's house.  A complete home cooked meal.  We try to spend one day together as a family despite our busy weekly schedules.  I must admit I love it.  This past Sunday the girls and I dove into crafts.  We spent the entire day working on Kate's list of "wanna dos"!


For thanksgiving gifts for Brody's teacher we made candy jars with embroidered labels on them.  I think they turned out really cute.  I had not tried the "in the hoop" patterns before and I must admit they are addictive.  I want to make more!!  Maybe, I will do some in Christmas designs for gifts. 




Another on her list of to dos was gifts to take to Michigan for Thanksgiving.  So, we made some garden flags for Matt's mom and sister in law.  I must admit I am having fun making these.  They are so easy and so cute to do.  The imagination runs wild with these.  Plan on seeing more flags to come!
I really wish I could do larger than 5 X 7 on my embroidery machine, but alas I will just have to design around that.  I think these turned out cute. 




We stayed in the craft room pretty much all day, with the exception of the time we took to eat dinner and then back in there we went.  Kate was having so much fun that she was asking the question "What can we make now?".   I knew the crafting bug would hit her eventually.  It happens to the best of us! .  She decided she wanted to make a Clemson shirt for Brody and I let her go completely on her own.  She did this entire shirt all by herself with no help from Mom.  I am thoroughly impressed.  It is definitely better than my first project and boy was Brody excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment